Iranian FM Discusses Israel-Hamas Conflict With Palestinian Leaders
Iran's Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian spoke to its Palestinian proxy leaders from Hamas and Islamic Jihad as the regime continues its warmongering.
While Iran denies masterminding the war which Hamas declared on October 7, the meeting with Ismail Haniyeh of Hamas and Ziyad al-Nakhala of Islamic Jihad confirmed the ongoing collaboration between Iran and its Palestinian proxies, which garner huge amounts of financial and military support from the regime.
The primary focus of the discussions was addressing what Amir-Abdollahian called Israel's "brutal actions" in Gaza as it continued retaliatory air strikes since the October 7 terror attack which saw thousands of Hamas militants invade Israel by land, sea and air.
The airstrikes are now targeting key Hamas military and political infrastructure including locations. The group -- proscribed by the UK, US and EU -- slaughtered at least 1,400 civilians and hundreds of soldiers in what was the deadliest single day for Jews since the Holocaust. A further 212 or more are being held hostage in Gaza.
Iran's Foreign Minister @Amirabdolahian claims the Biden administration has sent two messages to Iran since the beginning of the Israel-Hamas war on Oct. 7.
— Iran International English (@IranIntl_En) October 23, 2023
"They said they were not interested in expanding the scope of the war, and asked us to show restraint, and to call on other… pic.twitter.com/BGHSAF6t3H
In a recent communication posted on X, Amir-Abdollahian announced, "Tonight, I had a conversation with my brother Sameh Shoukry, the Egyptian Foreign Minister, about sending humanitarian aid, and with Ismail Haniyeh and Ziad Nakhale, the leaders of Hamas and Islamic Jihad."
Iran's Lebanese proxy, Hezbollah, its biggest in the region, has been increasing its attacks on Israel in the last week. Over 120,000 Israelis have now been evacuated from both the northern and southern borders as a result. While a ground assault looks likely in Gaza, Israel has repeatedly said it does not want a conflict with Hezbollah. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Hezbollah will make "the mistake of its life" if it starts a war with Israel.